PRB's International Programs improve the well-being of current and future generations and contribute to positive social change, with an emphasis on the developing world. We serve as a bridge between the research and policy communities by helping to ensure that research results are understood and used. We believe that information empowers individuals and institutions to make better policy decisions about population, health, and the environment. We have more than 35 years of experience in developing countries.
Through our work, we aim to:
- Communicate effectively by producing accessible, evidence-based materials that present information clearly to policymakers at all levels and across diverse geographies.
- Create engaging multimedia presentations, infographics, and digital products using state-of-the-art data visualization technologies.
- Empower individuals by connecting and galvanizing policy communities that cut across subject areas and sectors.
- Create opportunities to bring data producers and experts together with policymakers to promote dialogue and foster use of information to improve policies and programs.
- Build individual and institutional capacity to communicate and use information for policymaking.
- Promote gender equality in policy and program development.
- Making Data Accessible.
- Building Capacity in Policy Communication.
- Working With the Media.
- Generating Dialogue.
- Advancing Gender Equality.
- Fostering Future Leaders.
- Building Country Partnerships.
- Family planning and reproductive health.
- Population, health, and environment linkages.
- Noncommunicable Diseases.
- Population Dynamics.
Adolescents and Young People in Sub-Saharan Africa
Bridging High-Impact Family Planning Communications and Advocacy
Combatting Noncommunicable Disease Risk Factors in Youth
Evidence to End Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C)
Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project
Hewlett Population and Poverty (PopPov) Research Network
PACE—Policy, Advocacy, and Communication Enhanced for Population and Reproductive Health
Strengthening Evidence-Based Policy to Expand Access to Safe Abortion (SAFE)
Training Population Sciences Students to Translate Research Into Policy-Relevant Findings
Empowering Evidence-Driven Advocacy
International Media Program
Policy Communications Fellows Program
People, Health, Planet
Realizing a Demographic Dividend—Ensuring Regional and National Commitment and Action