- Download presentation in English, without narration (ZIP: 81MB) | French, without narration (ZIP: 84MB) (Right-click and choose "save link as" to save to your computer)
- Download presentation in English, with narration (MP4: 137MB) | French, with narration (MP4: 134MB) (Right-click and choose "save link as" to save to your computer)
- Download Presentation Guide in (English PDF: 5MB) (French PDF: 4.71MB)
- Download Presentation Script in (English PDF: 646KB) (French PDF: 394KB)
- Download Slide Handouts in (English PDF: 2.4MB) (French PDF: 3.12MB)
(June 2011) For the past three years, the Population Reference Bureau has developed and delivered dynamic, multimedia presentations to engage global leaders and country-level policymakers in issues related to family planning and reproductive health. Under the USAID-funded Informing DEcisionmakers to Act (IDEA) project, PRB is developing a series of ENGAGE presentations that examine the relationship between family planning and the Millennium Development Goals.
The first presentation, "Family Planning: Pathway to Poverty Reduction," seeks to improve individuals' understanding of how family planning contributes to economic growth and poverty reduction at the family, community, and national levels, and to reposition family planning higher on national and local policy agendas in sub-Saharan Africa. The presentation is designed to promote policy dialogue on the health and economic benefits of family planning and presents family planning as a cost-effective, high-yield intervention. Target policy audiences include government policymakers, civic and religious leaders, health sector leaders, program officials, family planning advocates, and journalists.
The ENGAGE presentation is in two formats—with and without a voiceover in both English and French. The presentation can be streamed via PRB's YouTube channel from the PRB website in English and French, or you can request a CD-ROM. A presentation guide is also available to provide facilitators with skills to effectively use and discuss data in the presentation. The guide draws on the experiences of PRB and our in-country partners in developing and making ENGAGE presentations in different settings as well as input from technical and communications experts in family planning and reproductive health.
For more information about "Family Planning: Pathway to Poverty Reduction," please contact Marissa Pine Yeakey, 202-939-5441, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about IDEA, please contact email@example.com.