Request for Proposals: Digital Media and Media Relations
PRB is seeking support for digital media management and media relations. We prefer one consultant manage the full contract but are open to separate contracts for the two portfolios. If interested, submit your proposal by Jan. 10, 2023.
PRB is soliciting proposals for digital media management and media relations support.
Founded in 1929, PRB is a global, not-for-profit organization that uses population data to inform and advance action on the most pressing challenges facing our world. We report on demographic, social, and economic trends and promote evidence-based practices that improve the health and well-being of all people. We have more than 65 staff in Kenya, Senegal, and the United States.
Scope of Work
The selected consultant or boutique agency will support PRB’s Communications Department to develop and implement digital communications and earned media strategies to advance our work. Activities will include creating social media content for day-to-day outreach, and brainstorming, managing, and executing other special projects to build support and engagement among key audiences, which may include researchers, partners, policymakers, educators, and funders. The consultant will also manage proactive and reactive earned media engagement. We prefer one consultant manage the full contract but are open to separate contracts for the social media and media relations portfolios.
1. Strategy Development
- Audit PRB’s current digital media platforms (social media, website, blog, email marketing, and digital advertising) and develop a comprehensive digital media strategy to grow PRB’s brand and awareness of its work to advance action on pressing global issues and the use of evidence-based approaches among key target audiences.
- The consultant will deliver a Digital Media Audit report that should include:
- An audit of each channel;
- An assessment of growth opportunities, including a landscape analysis;
- Recommendations to improve engagement and reach;
- Recommendations for a social influencer strategy, including ideas on how to target thought and advocacy leaders with a large following who can help convey PRB’s priorities and messages across their networks.
2. Social Media Management
- Develop and manage PRB’s content calendar.
- Create content for day-to-day posts and social media campaigns, including developing a core narrative, messaging frameworks, and graphics for key products, events, and occasions.
- Monitor and report on social media performance.
- Provide strategic counsel on both proactive and reactive media outreach opportunities.
- Conduct earned media outreach, including writing press releases, pitching content to media, and developing media lists.
The expected contract period will be January 23, 2023 to June 30, 2023, with an option to extend through December 31, 2023, and into a second year.
Interested consultants and vendors should submit a proposal outline that lays out your approach, timelines, deliverables, itemized costs, and expected results via email to Nancy Matuszak, firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 10, 2023.
Please submit questions to the same point of contact. We will respond to all questions received on or before January 3, 2023. We will try to respond to questions received after that date but make no guarantees.
PRB intends to award a contract to the responsible consultant or agency whose proposal provides best value to PRB. We reserve the right to make multiple awards based on this solicitation. We also reserve the right not to award a contract to any offeror, or to award the contract to other than the lowest-price offeror.
The successful offeror will be required to sign the Byrd Anti-Lobbying Amendment Certification (see, for example http://www.bidnet.com/bneattachments?/489400049.pdf).
Proposals must include the following to be considered:
- Cover sheet identifying legal name, physical address, description of the organization, list of company officers, and information about how years you have been in business. If you are a small business, also indicate the applicable NAICS code(s) and your exact small business classification (e.g., woman-owned small business).
- Budget: Provide (1) a table of billing rates and (2) a budget for the scope of services. The budget must provide pricing separately for digital media and/or media relations—if you are submitting a proposal for both areas of work—and identify hourly rates associated with each activity. We strongly prefer a more detailed breakdown of costs.
- Description of your expertise and experience performing similar work, preferably for similar nonprofit clients.
- Examples of past work of a similar nature.
- Three references, preferably from other nonprofit clients with similar scopes of work, including name, organizational affiliation, phone number, and email address.
- Description of how you propose to manage the client relationship with PRB. For example: Would you assign a single point of contact? How would PRB submit requests? What are your typical response times? What do you expect from us?
We will evaluate proposals according to the following factors (listed in order of importance):
- Evidence that the consultant or agency has the experience, resources, and staff to fulfill the project requirements.
- Quality of work samples from past projects.
- Client references.
- Background and experience of staff assigned to the contract.
Nancy Matuszak, Editorial Director, email@example.com.