October 17, 2023
The importance of unpaid work by women for national economic growth is increasingly recognized. However, national macro-policies often do not take into account the economic and time burden on women and young girls, reflecting deeply ingrained gender norms that minimize or ignore the time spent on care work. This need is particularly pronounced in French-speaking West Africa, where countries lag in developing gender-sensitive macroeconomic policies and social protection.
PRB is a core partner on the Counting Women’s Work project, whose objective is for data and research to inform and promote dialogue on economic and social policies at the macroeconomic level in French-speaking West Africa. Within this project, PRB supports efforts to translate research into action to enable evidence-based macroeconomic policy development.
Scope of Work
PRB is seeking a Graphic Designer to design three digital products that transform quantitative data and qualitative research into compelling visuals to communicate the issue of women’s unpaid work.
- A policy communication guide to help advocates effectively engage decision makers in advancing policy that addresses the issue of women’s unpaid work (see example). Estimated 5-7
- A policy brief on unpaid work containing recommendations for policymakers (see example). Estimated 7-8 days, depending on content.
- A PowerPoint presentation to complement the policy brief (see example). Estimated 4-8 days, depending on content.
The Graphic Designer will receive content from the project team and will have the primary responsibility for delivering final design assets that comprise each communications product. This position will work closely with the project team and PRB’s in-house communications team. There will likely be 2-3 rounds of review for each item. This is a remote position based in sub-Saharan Africa.
- An online portfolio that showcases sophisticated design skills in print and presentation design.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Illustrator.
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, including animations.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid understanding of design principles as they relate to typography, layout, and color.
- Ability to follow branding guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail, especially when working with numbers.
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English.
- Adobe Creative Cloud subscription
- Microsoft Office suite
Period of Performance
A total of 16-23 estimated days are anticipated between early December 2023 through the end of February 2024. This timeline is subject to change based on project needs.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, optional cover letter, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Only finalists will be contacted. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.