Senior Public Relations Manager
July 21, 2022
To schedule a media interview, please contact email@example.com or call 202-939-5463.
WASHINGTON—PRB today announced it has joined FP2030, a global partnership dedicated to advancing the rights of people everywhere to access reproductive health services safely and on their own terms. As a signatory, PRB will work with local governments, partner organizations and other key stakeholders to support the development of transparent and equitable evidence-based family planning policies that respond to local priorities.
Many governments are making growing commitments to support family planning, but barriers persist, created in part by policies that may not be grounded in evidence and funding challenges that limit implementation. FP2030 brings together a wide range of partners across disciplines and sectors that support voluntary, person-centered, rights-based approaches to address these and other issues by 2030.
“PRB is committed to a future where every woman and girl can make an informed decision about whether and when to use contraceptives and receive quality care when they seek those services,” said Jeffrey Jordan, PRB’s president and CEO. “We believe good policies start with good data and we look forward to continuing our work with local stakeholders to ensure family planning policies and programs are evidence-based, sustainable and inclusive.”
As part of its FP2030 commitment, PRB’s work will focus on several key areas:
- Deepening the understanding of family planning data and complex topics, such as the dynamics of contraceptive use, through research and analysis. PRB also plans to partner with at least five universities and research institutions in low- and middle-income countries.
- Providing data users with customized training on data use and communicating with policy and program decisionmakers, as well as developing compelling policy advocacy material. In addition, PRB will support researchers and data producers in tailoring research and analysis to address pressing concerns in their countries.
- Fostering collaboration between policy communities and sectors to strengthen the enabling environment for equitable access to high-quality family planning, and inspiring decisionmakers to strengthen financial commitments and mobilize domestic resources.
- Curating resources, managing knowledge-sharing platforms, and convening communities of practice and other learning communities.
- Partnering with youth and youth-led organizations to co-create policy advocacy materials, provide policy communication training and assess the youth-friendliness of policy environments.
- Working with local government officials and organizations to develop strategies to incorporate maternal and reproductive health into crisis response planning at all levels of government.
FP2030 is the successor to the FP2020 global initiative, which served between 2012 and 2020 as the central platform for family planning stakeholders to convene and share knowledge and resources to advance the field. PRB also participated in the FP2020 partnership.
We promote and support evidence-based policies, practices and decision-making to improve the health and well-being of people throughout the world. Learn more at prb.org. Follow us @PRBdata.