Who Works at PRB?
We are more than 60 mission-driven professionals. Most of us are based in Washington, D.C. but we have a small team based in our East Africa office in Nairobi, Kenya.
We have a wide variety of skillsets. Our programs staff include researchers, program managers, demographers, writers, data analysts, policy analysts, and policy communication experts. Communications staff include editors, designers, videographers, and web and social media managers. Administrative staff have expertise in finance, accounting, human resources, contracts, and more.
We share a conviction that sound, accurate data and evidence are essential to effective policies and programs that can improve people’s lives. We are committed to delivering objective, unbiased information, analysis, and capacity strengthening; we place a premium on quality, rigor, and innovation.
What Is the Working Environment at PRB?
We work collaboratively, recognizing that projects and products benefit from the input of colleagues and PRB partners with diverse viewpoints, opinions, and experiences. Staff are encouraged to share and try new ideas.
We respect work-life balance and strive to ensure that everyone can excel in their work. We foster a positive, open working environment and we have a strong commitment to diversity. PRB’s dress code is business casual.
We also like to have fun. We celebrate important milestones and organize off-hours activities. For example, Washington staff organized a scavenger hunt around our Dupont Circle neighborhood and a summer outing to a Washington Nationals game.
Persons with disabilities who need to request reasonable accommodations during the application process may call PRB at 202 939 5440. No other phone calls will be accepted.
Summary of PRB Benefits
PRB offers high-quality, competitive benefits tailored to our employees’ needs and expectations. We review and modify our plans periodically with the goal of continuous improvement.
As a PRB employee, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- PRB pays 70 percent of monthly health insurance premiums.
PRB Retirement Plan
- Our 403(b)-pension plan features attractive matching contributions by PRB.
Life and Disability Insurance
- PRB pays the full cost of premiums for life insurance and long-term disability insurance premiums.
Flexible Spending Account
- We use the WageWorks Health and Dependent Care FSA.
Commuter Benefits Program
- Employees may participate in the Commuter Benefits program, which allows pre-tax benefits to pay for public transportation and parking expenses to and from work.
- In addition to accrued annual and sick leave, PRB provides employees with nine paid holidays and three floating holidays. Our time off plans also provide flexibility to balance work and personal life.
Employee Assistance Program
- A comprehensive life-management resource, counseling, and informational support system is available to all PRB employees.
PRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans