PRB is a partner on the Palladium-led, USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project that strengthens and advances health policy priorities at global, national, and subnational levels.
PRB brings our core strengths in communicating technical health information to the project. Specifically, we work to:
- Train decisionmakers, advocates, and researchers on how to better understand, communicate, and use health data in decisionmaking.
- For example, in 2020 HP+ hosted a webinar exploring population projections and their competing perspectives on the future of childbearing in low- and middle-income countries.
- Create easy-to-understand communication materials for national and subnational decisionmakers and implementers to ensure awareness of and prompt action on national policies addressing sexual and reproductive health (SRH). Materials have included fact sheets, ENGAGE multimedia presentations, and reports.
- Train and mentor journalists with an aim to increase and improve news coverage on the links between family planning and development and hold the government accountable for its commitments to family planning.
- Work with youth advocates and youth journalists to strengthen their capacity to participate in decisionmaking processes as champions, raise community awareness about youth-related SRH policies, and hold governments and providers accountable for providing high-quality, youth-friendly SRH services.