PRB is committed to providing a working environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We hold ourselves accountable for upholding practices and policies that enable and reinforce inclusivity and equity, bringing these beliefs and values into our daily interactions with each other and in our work with partners, clients, and funders.
PRB honors and values the unique perspective of each individual and celebrates the ways staff from different backgrounds and experiences lend their lived experiences to shape and contribute to our organizational mission. We acknowledge that multiple and often intersecting systems of power—such as racism, sexism, and all forms of discrimination—grant privilege and access unequally within the United States and around the world, and we understand these systems influence all sectors of our work. Therefore, we pledge to:
- Confront and break down these systems of power internally in our interactions with our colleagues and externally in our work.
- Engage in ongoing pursuit of education and cultural consciousness aimed at challenging, dismantling, and addressing inequity within our work and our relationships—both professional and personal.
- Honor and welcome the unique qualities that make our staff who they are, understanding that their qualities what make PRB a stronger, more competitive, thoughtful, and effective organization.
- Treat our colleagues with respect by listening to and seeking understanding of different viewpoints, opinions, thoughts, and ideas.
- Provide every employee with the access, resources, and opportunities needed to succeed at work.
- Model for our colleagues and partners considerate, informed, supportive, representative, and authentic leadership.
- Pursue transparent policies, systems, programs, and services that champion a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, such as in our recruitment, hiring, and promotion practices.
- Endeavor to put diversity, equity, and inclusivity at the core of our daily administrative, operational, and programmatic work, as well as in staff interactions.
- Build a more collaborative, kind, supportive, and inclusive professional community.
Board of Trustees’ Statement
The PRB Board of Trustees embraces PRB’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its work and workplace. We believe that a board constituted to represent a diversity of life experiences and that encourages and values differing perspectives best enables PRB to fulfill its mission. The Board holds PRB leadership accountable to regularly track and report performance metrics on staff composition and evidence of inclusive organizational culture and practices.
Further, it is the PRB Board’s policy to promote and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion among its ranks and in its proceedings. The Board’s Governance & Nominating Committee is charged to continually review and assess the composition of the Board to ensure diversity, including but not limited to age, gender and gender identity, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, background, geographic location, sector, and salient skills. The Governance & Nominating Committee actively takes steps to maintain a well-balanced board of trustees and address deficiencies through its recruitment efforts.